Wondering how to find your place in the audio industry? Our panel of experts and dBs alumni discuss their paths into a career in sound, and their advice for those hoping to do the same.
To celebrate the imminent launch of both our Manchester campus where you will be able to study from our programme of music production, live sound and audio engineering degrees, we curated a special panel of experts in Manchester's music scene and two dBs graduates to illuminate the pathways into this industry, the essential skills needed and their sage advice on securing your dream role.
- Oli Brand (Centre Manager at dBs Bristol) Moderator
- Chris Hughes (Manager & Head Engineer at Oscillate Recordings)
- Joel Patchett (Freelance Sound Engineer)
- Emily Magpie (Freelance mastering engineer, artist & producer)
- Rob Kivits (Sound Recordist & Post-Production Mixer at Omega Film Studios)
Watch the full panel below and make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more industry panels, tutorials and masterclasses.
FIND OUT MORE
5 of the Best Independent Recording Studios Calling Manchester Home
Home studio or pro studio? 5 ways our facilities will make you a better producer
5 reasons why Manchester is one of the best places to study sound and gaming